Sunday, September 30, 2012

"Crackberry" Omelet

The Sunday morning market at Bernice Gardens does not start until 10 a.m. so time for breakfast is usually afforded me.  This morning my favorite way to fix my heirloom grape tomatoes a.k.a. 'Crackberries' is my choice.  I did not sell the pint that was picked this Friday with this mornings breakfast in mind.  It looks like we will have some fall "crackberries" so more will be at the market soon.

With fresh eggs from Rattles Garden and white cheddar from Honeysuckle Lane Cheese , one of our small jalapenos (diced) and a handful of crackberries whipping up this omelet is quick and easy.

Start the pan on medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter , the crackberries and the jalapenos   Sear them for just a few minutes then add the eggs.  

After a few minutes I flip the omelet and add the cheddar.  It took a few years before I learned how easy it was to flip an omelet, its all in the wrists.

I started some coffee and left this guy on the burner a bit long but but my taste buds will forgive me I am sure.  Breakfast is served and Bernice Gardens Farmers Market here I come!!


No comments:

Post a Comment